Thursday, March 5, 2009

A little bit of gratitude

Gratitude is the foundation for success in all areas of your life. I have come to learn this not only through my own experience, but through countless other people's experiences as well. I believe that acknowledging the things in your life that you are grateful for may just be the single most important thing you can do everyday to ensure progression towards your goals. 

The problem is, most people don't stop to take the time and think in a state of gratitude. We get so caught up in the daily grind and what is wrong in our lives that it can become impossible to find anything to be grateful about. I say "can" because it is NOT impossible, there is always something to be grateful for, even if it is just the simple fact of being alive. As long as we are alive we have the power to make great things happen. What could be more exciting? Is that not something to be grateful for? 

I decided to write about gratitude this morning because in my own life I notice a direct correlation between my results and whether or not I am being grateful. It is easy to get sidetracked, to let the little things get in your way, to get bogged down. But at these times it is especially important to take a moment and hit "reset." I have heard many people in my business community refer to the giant reset button on the wall, but only in the past week or so have I started utilizing it in my life. For those of you wondering, "what reset button?", well it's actually imaginary. It is a way to consciously change your attitude, by visualizing hitting a reset button and beginning the day again with a new outlook. The power of this is truly amazing because it reinforces the fact that we are in control of our thoughts and feelings and have the power to change them at any moment. When you hit reset, and you take a moment to think about the things you are grateful for, if that doesn't change your attitude then I don't know what will.  

So here is my personal list of things I am grateful for at this very moment:

1) Total freedom with my time, how amazing that I can do anything I want whenever I want.
2) My wonderful husband, who not only supports me in my business ventures but in everything else I do
3) The pretty darn amazing life we have created for ourselves at the ripe age of 26. I am grateful for our house, the nice cars we drive, and the 4 furbabies we are privileged to share a home with
4) Being healthy and active
5) My parents, who share similar goals and never make me feel guilty about "wasting" my $160K education in engineering

I could go on and on, but what I'd like is to challenge YOU to make a list of at least 5 things you are grateful for right now. I promise it will change your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment